Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Update

Just an update...nothing too amazing.

1. I did not get to go to the retreat last weekend. I finally started feeling better Saturday afternoon so I was able to enjoy part of the weekend with Tyson and Audrey. I'm very bummed that I missed the retreat...especially after hearing all the ladies talk about how amazing it was and all the fun they had together.

2. I passed glucose test #2 (the 3 hour test) with flying colors. I scored 15-25 points below the cut-offs on all four tests. My doctor assured me that I definitely do NOT have gestational diabetes and says she thinks the first test was a fluke. What a frustrating, waste of time that got me all nervous for no reason! anyway, I'm now 28 weeks along with #2, which means I'm in the 3rd trimester. Seriously, didn't I just find out a few weeks ago that I was pregnant again? I can't believe how much faster the second pregnancy goes!

3. Last night, Audrey came down with what I had last weekend. I don't like being sick, but it's a whole other level when it's your child that is sick and you can't do anything to help them feel better. It was a long, sleepless night, but we made it and she was pretty much back to normal today (after taking a 3 hour nap), so I'm hoping it was just a 8 hour bug. (and I'm also hoping for a full night of sleep!)

4. Tyson is out of town again for work this week. I miss that guy when he's gone.

5. Audrey is doing great in her big girl bed! We're a week into this new adventure and we're slowing figuring out what comes along with her new freedom and making up the rules as we go. The thing I'm finding the hardest to deal with is once she's awake (no matter what time it is and since she can open all the doors in our house) she leaves her room and comes directly into our room. fun, fun!!

So...there's the update. Good night, everyone!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry Tyson is gone amidst a sick baby! I hope Audrey is feeling better!

Diet DP Loving Mom said...

I don't know how you feel about gates, but have you thought of putting a little gate outside of her door so she can't wander the house in the morning.

Hope your little one is getting better!

Erin said...

SO annoying about the glucose test. Ugh. And I know how you feel about the hubby being gone. It is like I can't really get a good night's sleep if he is not there, too! Here's hoping for lots of rest for all three of you! :)

Tyson and Lisa said...

diet DP--we've tried two different brands of door knob covers and both were too small. and she's managed to crawl over 2 different kinds of gates, too. she's quite the climber when she puts her mind to it! so...for now, we're not sure what else to try. thanks, though!