Friday, February 26, 2010

Daddy/Daughter Weekend

Here's what I was going to post today:

Today I will be leaving with a bunch of the ladies from my church for a weekend retreat/getaway! I can't wait! As excited as I am about all the girl time, just being away and being challenged by the speaker, I'm really excited for just Tyson and Audrey to spend the weekend together!

While I LOVE that I get to spend every day with my little girl, I HATE how many little things Tyson misses while he is at work. And for the past 7 weeks, Tyson has had a Saturday class for his MBA, so he's been gone even more. When we sit down to eat dinner together, I always fill Tyson in on what he missed during the day, but it's just not the same as being there and experiencing it. I love seeing them interacting and loving on each other, in only the way they can. So, I can't tell you how excited I was to find out that Tyson's last Saturday class was last weekend so I would be free to go to the women's retreat, and so he would be able to be at home with Audrey for the whole weekend!! and I also love how excited daddy is about it!

I cannot wait to hear all the stories and things they did together. I know that this will be a great weekend for all of us, but especially for them, as it will be one of the last weekends that they get to spend alone before #2 arrives.

Then I got sick yesterday afternoon and was up all night (I got little "sleeps" of 45 minutes to an hour at a time during the whole night.) I'm feeling a little better now but I'm exhausted. Audrey is spending the day with my mom so I can sleep. I took a nap this morning and now I'm going to try to eat some lunch. Then I'll nap again and see how I'm feeling. I really want to go to the retreat...so let's hope this lunch agrees with me!

1 comment:

Ashlee Osborn said...

I hope you are feeling better and were able to go to the retreat!

Things like that always seem to happen to me...I usually get sick right around breaks at school. On the one hand, it's good because I don't have to use any sick days. On the other, it's horrible, because I want to enjoy my breaks!