Sunday, March 21, 2010

9 weeks to go

Dear sweet little baby,

Mommy is now 31 weeks along with you and we can hardly believe that you'll be here in such a short amount of time! I know that I told you in the last letter that we couldn't believe how fast the time has gone but seriously...the weeks are flying by!!!
Another thing I told you in the last letter was that we had a girl name pretty much picked out for you (in case you're a girl). and we've picked that name about 4 times. What I mean by that is: one of us will come up with another girl name and we'll like it for a few days and then we'll change our mind and go back to the original name we've liked since about 18 weeks. So...I'd say, we're almost set on it. ;) We've made some lists for boy names and veto-ed a few of each others' and we now have a list of about 4-5 names that we both like, but for now, there's not a real favorite. We'll work on it. Baby, you'll have a name when you're born, don't worry about it!

We have been very busy getting ready for you! We have your big sister moved into her big girl room and big girl bed, so the nursery will be all yours when you arrive! All of the newborn and 0-3 month neutral clothes are already washed and folded and put into the drawers in your dresser, the crib mattress is up on the highest setting again with the bumpers back in place and we have both a boy and girl outfit ready to take you home in!!

Kiddo, I can't get over how active you are! Especially when I'm ready to go to sleep! Just this week I started feeling you kicking me in my ribs. I feel like I'm carrying you lower than your sister was, but those kicks reminded me of how high you really are! As much as I may complain about being kicked in the ribs, I know I'll miss this precious time we have together.

One of the questions we get the most right now is: "What are you most looking forward to with #2?" Other than finding out if you're a boy or girl and just getting to finally hold you, we really can't wait to see Audrey as your big sister! She loves giving you hugs and kisses already and is having fun practicing with all of our friends' newborn babies and, for the most part, she's doing really well! We hope that she's as excited about you when you arrive as she is about mommy's baby bump! Of course, we're looking forward to all of the usual things, too, like figuring out your personality and seeing all of your firsts and all of the little smiles and giggles that you'll bring into our home. :)

Baby, keep on growing strong and healthy for about 2 more months. We look forward to the day you arrive and can finally see the little face that we've been waiting for that will make our family of three into a family of four. We thank God for the blessing you already are and the joy you will bring into our lives!

We love you!!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Seriously? 31 weeks?? It has gone by so fast! Can't wait to meet him/her!!

Fred Love said...

I know! I can't believe we're almost there. I found it absolutely hilarious that you tried to squeeze by Katie and I Sunday morning - we always think we can suck it in! :)

Tyson and Lisa said...

yeah, Alyson, I don't know what I was thinking, but I knew that 2 pregnant ladies would be more understanding than the group of men standing on the other side of the table! so I chose to try to squeeze by you two! :)

emma jacob said...

As a sappy mom would I have tears in my eyes because I remember my 3D ultrasounds of my second one and it was amazing... Thanks for the flashbacks this was too precious.