*We decorated our house for Christmas, not as much as usual, considering we have a very curious toddler running around this year and we knew wouldn't be around to enjoy it the whole season.
*We celebrated Christmas early with Lisa's family at her parents' house...what a fun (fast) weekend!
*I've slowly (but surely) been working on Audrey's new room. All the bedding is here and I finished working on the curtains and I even painted some of the things that will hang on the walls!
*We packed all of Audrey's things and sent her off to Nana and Papa's house for 8 days because...
*Tyson and I went on a cruise with Tyson's family over Christmas!
*While we were cruising, Audrey, Nana and Papa flew to Denver to see my sister, her husband and their daughter!
*Tyson and I had our 6th Anniversary on December 27!! We haven't officially celebrated because we were driving back from New Orleans (12 hour drive) that day and then Tyson got (what we think was) the swine flu.
*Once he felt better, it was time to pack up again and go to Tyson's parents' for his grandparents' big anniversary party!!
*We brought in 2010 by going to bed early. :)
*Once we got home, it was time to unpack, do loads and loads of laundry and then start taking down the Christmas decorations. ugh.
*Audrey is 20 months old today!! seriously, when did she grow up?!?
*We had our BIG ultrasound this afternoon! As previously mentioned, we decided that we wanted to have another surprise. Just a few days ago, I started thinking, "oh, it would be kind of fun to find out." Then yesterday, I saw an episode of "A Baby Story" and there was a couple that didn't know what they were having and I was reminded of all the anticipation and guessing and the big moment when the baby comes out and I cried watching it. So, my mind went back to not wanting to know. Then today, I mentioned all of this to Tyson as we're sitting in the waiting room for the ultrasound and he said, "Let's just find out!" I was shocked because I thought he might say something like "oh...you really want a surprise, let's just wait" but it proved to me that he really wants to know!!!! great. Then a lightbulb comes on and it finally occured to me that he may want to know as badly as I don't want to know. Then I wondered, "is this one of those times when I should give in?" We were still talking about it when the tech called us back. We chatted with her and then mentioned that we still didn't know if we wanted to know or not. She said she doesn't check "that area" until the very end so we could still talk about it and had time to decide. yeah, right!! We talked about this A LOT at home many, many weeks ago, so why would and extra 15 minutes while a tech is taking measurements on our child help us decide?!? Then I had the brilliant idea of having the tech write down "boy" or "girl" on a piece of paper that we could take home and decide to read if/when we wanted to...but we were only going to have her write it down if she was completely, 100%, without a doubt, sure what it was. and sure enough, the baby didn't cooperate! He/She had his/her legs held tight together and their ankles crossed!! so...we'll take that as confirmation that we're not supposed to know until he/she comes out! what a crazy rollercoaster of emotions!
here's the latest pic of #2 (turn your head to the right. the face is looking directly as you and the right hand is on the ear and the left arm is under the chin.) The baby was kicking its legs and waving at us. We could see the 4 chambers of the heart and all the itty-bitty vertebrae on the spine. The heartbeat was 141bpm (the slowest to date) and right now the baby weighs 13 ounces...SO TINY!! What a precious little miracle! keep growing strong, little one!


2 comments:
Oh my goodnes, I was reading with anticipation thinking that maybe you'd found out the sex, maybe you'd opened the paper, etc...and then Baby Toews didn't even cooperate!! Whew, what a rollercoaster! Glad that everything else checked out fine and dandy. Can't wait to meet Baby #2!!!
Yay! Another post!! I'm glad Baby T didn't cooperate--you'll know soon enough!! I'm glad you guys had fun on your trip!
Post a Comment