Thursday, January 14, 2010

hello, baby!

Sweet baby,

Hello, there!! I'm your mommy!! It just dawned on me today that you are more than half way done with your time inside of me and I haven't written you an official letter yet! I feel horrible. You're already falling into the "2nd child" category (that I swore wouldn't happen) and you're getting the shaft. I'll work on that. Don't worry, though, I've been filling out your baby book and have had daddy take some pictures of my growing belly, just like we did with your big sister, Audrey.

I can hardly believe how fast the time is going! It seems like yesterday daddy and I were standing together looking at that pregnancy test and we could hardly believe our eyes!! "Is that a line?!?" We were so excited and our eyes filled with tears as we hugged and started thinking of fun ways to tell everyone! Suddenly, I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I don't know where the time has gone!

We're very busy getting the house ready for your arrival. The house is already full of toys that your big sister plays with so it should be a smooth transition once it's time to pull out the baby swing, exersaucer, floor mat and high chair again! The nursery is all ready for you since we decorated with a neutral theme when we were expecting Audrey, so we're busy getting Audrey moved on to her new "big girl" room, which will be right next to your room! Speaking of your big sister, she loves patting (sometimes hitting) my belly and says "baby!!" I'm not sure she understands that a real baby is going to be living at our house very soon, but for now she's very excited.

I have to admit, right now I think you're a girl. (If you're a boy, I'm really sorry, it's nothing against you or boys, it's just my feeling so far.) Let me explain: Audrey's and your due dates are only 6 days apart from each other, which means I'm going through every stage of these pregnancies at exactly the same time of year. I didn't have any morning sickness, just like with Audrey and I'm also carrying you high, just like I carried your sister. So, basically, this feels like an identical pregnancy. Another thing that is the same is that we have a girl name picked out already (just like we did with Audrey at this time) and we are once again, undecided on a boy name. Don't worry, though, if you are a boy, we'll have a name ready by the time you arrive!

One of the new things that is very exciting lately is how much I'm feeling you move around inside of me! The first time I felt you was on December 8, 2009 and it was right after I woke up in the morning. It was the tiniest of little flutters and it was so sweet! Over a month later, I'm feeling you almost every day (depending on how much time I get to sit down, since I spend so much time chasing your big sister.) I usually feel you move on the left side of my belly and we found out at the ultrasound, that's where your legs are, so it makes a lot of sense! Keep kicking, little one! (Just not, too hard!) Hopefully daddy will be able to feel you kick on the outside, soon. He can't wait to actually get a high-five from you!

Oh, sweet little one, we have so much anticipation for your arrival! Now that we've managed to get your sister to 20 months old, we feel a little more at ease about how/when to do things, but as everyone is telling us, the second child is usually the polar opposite from the first. We'll accept you and love you no matter how you are and we look forward to getting to know your personality and likes/dislikes. Oh, we can't wait!! What a little blessing you already are! It's crazy to think that in about 4 months we'll be a family of FOUR!! We thank God for allowing us the privilege of being your parents and for a safe/healthy pregnancy so far. What a miracle you are!

I already love you so much and I look forward to meeting you and holding you and kissing your sweet little face (and finding out if you're a boy or girl!!) I look forward to your first little smile and the first time you call me "mommy." Until then, just know that you are thought about a million times a day and you've already found a very special place in my heart.

I love you, sweet baby!

love, Mommy

No comments: