Wednesday, April 29, 2009

update (no pictures version)

all I can say right now is "whooooa..." It's been 9 days since my last post and I have so much to write about and so little time to write! I'm going to have to use bullet points (or dashes, whatever) or else this would be the longest blog post ever written. and like I already said, I don't have time for that!

Tyson and I unexpectedly went to San Diego last Saturday through Tuesday. It was a business trip for him but he decided to see if he could bring me along and do some sightseeing while he wasn't working...and it was so much fun! Neither of us had been to California, which made it even more fun! We left Audrey with Nana and Papa (our first time to leave her...we all did just fine) and we were off! As you will see, we crammed in as much as we could!

Memorable moments/highlights from the trip:
-running through the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport trying to catch our connecting flight (0ur 1st flight left almost an hour late) only to get there as it was pulling away from the jet way. and I lost my sunglasses somewhere on that run...they were my favorite.
-having the worst seats on the plane and not getting to see San Diego as we landed
-finding a Target as soon as we landed so I could replace my sunglasses
-our hotel: La Jolla Hyatt Regency at the Aventine (and listening to the Garmin try to prounounce it and every other Spanish word)
-dinner at George's At The Cove and Alfonso's (the grilled halibut was amazing!)
-our first time eating at In-n-Out Burger...(Tyson was quite impressed with the contraption that turns whole potatoes into fries in one swift move...very cool)
-USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum (the best museum/field trip/informational type tour we've ever been on!!)
-San Diego Wild Animal Park (this is not the San Diego Zoo, we may be the first people to visit San Diego and not go to the zoo.)
-Coronado Island (actually it's a peninsula, just so you know...and we saw the historic Hotel del Coronado from Some Like It Hot)
-Cabrillo National Monument
-Mt. Soledad
-Balboa Park
-La Jolla Cove
-shopping at a local mall (which I drove to...in CA traffic, thank you very much!) while Tyson worked
-being asked if we were on our honeymoon
-being asked if we were 21 (yes, we had a margarita)
-sleeping in!!

While we were gone, Audrey was sick at Nana and Papa's (runny nose, hoarse voice, coughing, not sleeping the greatest) and she also took 5 steps on her own!!! We just knew that she would do it while we were gone! uuuuggggghhhhh!

When we finally saw Audrey again last night it was just the reaction we hoped for! Then she took 18 steps across the living room...we all just stood there with our mouths open in disbelief. She's a little walker!

Today is my birthday. Happy birthday to me. and happy birthday to Katie! She's 26. I'm 27.

Today is my day to unpack and start cleaning the house.

Tomorrow I will finish thoroughly cleaning the house.

Friday, I'm making Audrey's birthday cake for her party and family starts arriving from out of town.

and Saturday is Audrey's 1st birthday party!

*sigh* I better get going! I'm getting tired just thinking about it. maybe I should take a nap...

5 comments:

Katie said...

Okay, I got tears in my eyes when you talked about Audrey walking. Wow. I can't believe it!

I'm so glad you guys had fun!! I cannot wait to sit down and hear every detail WITH pictures!! Good for you guys for cramming everything in that you could!!

Pambo said...

Steve told me last night that you went to CA for business. Glad you were able to cram so much fun into such a short amount of time.
Happy birthday to you!
Look forward to seeing some photos of Audrey walking.

Fred Love said...

Happy Birthday to Lisa! I love the jaw-dropping 18 steps. Yeah for making it past the crawling stage!

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!

my family and i went to the san diego wild animal park instead of the zoo on our CA trip, too!! (i think because it was much cheaper but i don't really remember why). it was still awesome though!

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

glad you were able to have a weekend away with Tyson! how fun!!

i'm looking forward to celebrating Audrey's birthday!!

and happy birthday to you! :)