Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a success story

Yesterday I was looking through Audrey’s pajamas and I realized that she only has 2 sleepers that are 12 month size (which she‘ll be in soon)…and both of these were the warm/fuzzy/fleecy kind because we thought she would continue to wear clothes 3 months ahead of her age. (so she would have been wearing them in February.) Her growth has slowly tapered off so pretty much her size of clothes=her age now. anyway, this meant it was time to go shopping! I usually LOVE shopping at Target for baby clothes, but I have been very unimpressed with their 12 month selection…she’s in between the “infant 0-9 month” stuff and the “toddler 12 month+” section. So we headed to Kohl’s, which I also love. They have a nice selection of quality kids clothes (be sure to check out their 80% off racks!!) and they are almost always having sales or when you’re paying you get to do a fun little scratcher to take and extra 15, 20 or 30% off!!! I picked out some really cute pj’s for her:
and then continued to walk around the store. and I saw the purses. Now…I’m not the typical girl that LOVES purses and shoes all things accessories more than anything else in the world. (and not that there’s anything wrong with it if you’re one of those girls.) I enjoy looking at the variety of options and then usually walk away with nothing because “I would only wear those shoes 2 or 3 times” or “I don’t really need that super-cute purse“ But today was different, I saw this:

it was so cute and had lots of little pockets and zippers and it had an over-the-shoulder strap, which is perfect for when you’re juggling a little one. At first the price freaked me out. I almost just threw it back on the shelf and ran away, but then I remembered that I was in Kohl’s and everything’s on sale! Sure enough, it was 40% off and then I heard that they were also doing the little scratcher things, too! yay! (of course, I randomly selected one with 15% off. they’re probably all 15% off…) As I was looking it over and trying it on and picturing where all my things would fit in it, I realized that it had been a LONG time since I had bought a purse! I thought back and jogged my memory…I hadn’t bought a purse since I was about 2 months pregnant with Audrey! Almost a year and a half!! Way to go, Lisa! all this said: I bought it. and I love it. It’s lightweight and practical and not too big (in case I still need to carry a diaper bag, too) and I just love the pattern on it.

I love when shopping trips are successful. :)

3 comments:

Pambo said...

I am one of those accessory/shoe/purse freaks, so I say yay for you! Now that I think about it, it's been a LONG time since I've purchased a purse for myself - I did receive a wonderful Brighton bag from two of my friends for Christmas, so I didn't buy it!
Love your new purse and the jammies for Audrey. Aren't baby clothes so, so fun to buy? Love it. I had to buy Caleb some shorts at Target the other day because they were so cute and cheap, but I haven't shopped at Kohl's in ages. Maybe I need to head over there. Who knows, there may be a pair of shoes/earrings/or a handbag calling my name. I think I hear them now....

Melinda said...

Cute pj's! I like Kohl's too. I bought Gracie's Easter dress there. Gracie is already moving into 18 mos. clothes though. Actually she is kind of imbetween-12 mos. are too tight in the belly and 18 mos. are too long! I am trying to hold off on buying too much because I know she will get a lot for her birthday. Are you birthday party planning yet?

Katie said...

Love the purse!! And the pj's!!