Thursday, March 5, 2009

10 months and the tip of a tooth

The reason I haven’t posted in a week is because I haven’t been getting much sleep. I usually write during Audrey’s naps, but lately I’ve also been trying to nap while Audrey naps. It’s been about 10 days since we’ve all slept through the night at our house. It’s because of Audrey’s two top middle teeth. They’ve decided to come in at the exact same time and they’ve also decided to take their time! I’ve been able to see the whites of them inside her gums for over 2 weeks and finally, FINALLY, this morning, the tip of one of them is about to break through…maybe there will be some relief soon!

Last night was definitely the worst night so far. She went to bed shortly after 7 like usual and I went to worship team practice while Tyson stayed at home and studied for a test. We went to bed at 10:30 and she was awake at 10:45 with her “MOM!!! This really hurts!!” cry. But it only lasted about 5 seconds so we let her be. I was almost asleep and then 11:15 brought that same cry but it lasted longer so I got up and held her and got her calmed down and she fell back to sleep…for 20 minutes. And this pattern continued until 1:45am. I tried rocking her, swaying with her, giving her Tylenol, letting her cry it out, teething tablets, letting her sleep in the bed with me…nothing worked. So I’m completely exhausted at 2am, and I’m down to my last resort: driving her to sleep. We got in the car and drove around for about 20 minutes and…my goodness, it worked!! I carefully carried the car seat into her room and finally made my way back to bed…but then I couldn’t sleep. After having to be so mentally awake ALL night, then waking myself up even more so I could actually focus and drive at 2 in the morning, I couldn’t just flip the switch and fall asleep. I don’t know what time I actually fell asleep, but we all slept until 7:20.

And now as I’m finishing my bowl of cereal, I’m looking down at Audrey with her red cheeks, drooly chin and new little tip of a tooth trying to poke through and I remember that she’s 10 months old today! We did a quick photo shoot and now we’re off for our morning naps!

(I'm tired, mom.)
and finally after about 30 shots, a kind-of real smile. complete with tired eyes.
we love you, sweet pea!

5 comments:

luv_bn_gma said...

Are those not the biggest eyes! What a sweetheart she is. Those teeth can be such stinkers. You are so wise to get those naps in yourself. This too shall pass. Hang in there. :)

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Like I say probably every month, she just gets cuter and cuter!!

And oh, if you're up in the middle of the night again and possibly at your wits end, I'm up too....so feel free to call. :) Cuz chances are I'm at my wits end too. :) He's worth it though.

Katie said...

Love the pics. I hope tonight is better for you! There is nothing more mentally and emotionally exhausting than a baby who can't go to sleep in the middle of the night. It just wears you out. In every way!!

Thank goodness for cars. That drive. And put babies to sleep!

Katie said...

Hey I thought of you this morning as I was brewing coffee at 5:00am, after Caleb woke up at 4:30. I really hope Audrey slept better last night!!

Katie said...

Wow!! What a sleepy little sweetie! She must have been tired! All of that excited screaming and eating must have worn her out!! She's too cute. Watching her jump in her pack 'n play is just the best thing. I can't believe she's growing so quickly!!

Caleb did pretty well. I put him in his crib and he fussed a few times throughout the night, but then I had to wake him up at 7:15 this morning and he was on his stomach, sound asleep. Now he's taking his nap on his side, sound asleep. Sheesh! As long as he's asleep, I don't care how he sleeps! Mom is on her way and we're heading out after he wakes up! Wish us luck... :)