Monday, December 8, 2008

this vacuum really sucks

forgive me for the title...I couldn't resist.

Tyson asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted for Christmas. really, I couldn't think of much. it's not like I have everything I could ever want, but since money is tight these days, I didn't really expect much for Christmas, so I hadn't given it much thought. Tyson then asked me if I would want a Dyson vacuum.

dumb question.

We got our first vacuum (a Hoover) shortly after we were married, which was almost 5 years ago. We had registered for a different one for our wedding, and since we didn't get it, we decided to buy a cheaper one to save some money since we were still in college and neither of us had a job. and we've been paying for it ever since. it worked fine as long as the filter was new, but that meant we had to buy replacement filters and more replacement filters and those things add up! To make a long story short, we didn't realize how much money we would eventually spend on stupid filters, so it ended up being a very expensive vacuum! so when Tyson asked if I wanted a new, amazing, no-filter-required Dyson vacuum, I said "YES, of course, I do!" Apparently he had found a great deal (how does he always do that?) and some of the money even goes toward Breast Cancer Research and then we also get a Target gift card (which is basically money that is burning a hole in my pocket right now!) so here it is:
Isn't it so cute?!? I didn't even know vacuums could be cute! gray and PINK (thus the breast cancer awareness.) and on top of being cute, it really does suck! and to show you how amazing my new vacuum really is, I decided to do a little experiment in my living room. this kind of grosses me out, but it makes me really glad I'm no longer vacuuming with our old one anymore...

Here's what I did. I vacuumed our living room with our old vacuum one last time. And then immediately vacuumed the living room with the Dyson...and this is what it sucked up:
see what I mean by being grossed out? our old vacuum was HORRIBLE!!! and I thought I was cleaning our carpets! how nasty. so, in my opinion, the Dyson is definitely worth the money...

5 comments:

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

That's how our first vacuum was. I thought it was cleaning fairly well until last year when I got my new Kirby. Oh how I was mistaken! Nothing beats having a good vacuum and knowing you're actually cleaning your carpets and not recirculating everything. And yours really is cute!!

Katie said...

Yay for the pink! So so cute! I love my Dyson. Seriously, a good vacuum is essential, especially with little ones in the house!!

Pambo said...

My mom bought a Dyson Animal for me and I also love it! With two furry white dogs, I definitely give it a work out. Only thing I don't like about it is it's hard to clean the beater brush thing.

Anonymous said...

So, I am glad we are bringing the babies to your house now since I know your carpet will be really clean when we lay them on the floor! And...now I want a new vacuum. I don't think Berek will go for it. Tyson is such a great "deal finder"!

Erin said...

I don't even want to think about what our crap-o-la vacuum is missing!!! But since we have the wood floors, this isn't as much of a problem as it was in the first house. Otherwise, I might just have to spring for a Dyson! ;)