Tuesday, December 9, 2008

does ESSENCE magazine know something I don't?

Below is the 3rd letter I've received from ESSENCE magazine:

ESSENCE
Where Black Women Come First

Especially for: Lisa

We know you. You're the kind of woman who embraces every joyous moment that come your way.

Whether you're building your career, embarking on a new relationship, or stepping out in the latest styles, you do it all with confidence and flair that is purely ESSENCE.

Because you're an ESSENCE kind of woman, we want to extend this special $1.00 rate as our way of welcoming you to the magazine written by black women for black women. Let us celebrate, inspire, empower and entertain YOU. We promise to go beyond skin deep to take on the issues of heart and soul--issues all about, and all for, YOU.

In every issue, we give YOU beauty tips to play up your beautiful brown skin tone, and fashion tips to flatter your figure. We unlock the secrets to financial security, and provide the insight and inspiration to be your best YOU. ESSENCE is where YOU come first.

and then it's signed by the editor-in-chief.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

I wonder why they would think I'm black...

5 comments:

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Haha! Oh man, that's hilarious!! I always knew you had some 'soul'.

Katie said...

Wait, you're not black?? Someone needs to tell Josh's PaPa ... :)

Erin said...

How random! You did have quite the tan as a child (and on the cruise), so maybe they got confused!

;)

Margo said...

TOO FUNNY! You do get pretty dark in the summer!

Pambo said...

At least you haven't been getting info from AARP. I've been getting stuff from them since I turned 30!