Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby Survey

I found this survey on babycenter.com. I used to get weekly updates from them during my pregnancy on how big the baby was at each week and now that Audrey is here, I still get emails from them telling me what she's probably doing and going to be doing soon. I like my little weekly emails. anyway, I found this there and thought it looked interesting. enjoy!


MY FIRST BABY
Here you go Moms - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about you and your first baby.

Were you married at the time? yes

How old were you? 25

How did you find out you were pregnant? I almost fainted at school so the school nurse suggested I take a pregnancy test. so I took one the next morning. actually 3 tests, I didn't believe the first 2

What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant? disbelief, thus the reason for 3 tests, but it was an excited disbelief!

Who did you tell first? Tyson. I had my school's open house that night so I had to mingle with all of my students and their parents for a few hours knowing I was pregnant but not able to talk about it...I don't really remember anything I talked about that night.

Did you want to find out the sex? no, we did not

Due date? May 17

Did you deliver early or late? early, at 38 1/2 weeks

Did you have morning sickness? not at all, I was just really tired

What did you crave? Sara Lee's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and Easy Mac

How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 34

Did you lose all the weight? yes, and then 5 more, thanks to breastfeeding!

Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I got the PUPPS rash at 37 weeks, that's why I had the baby early...I was so miserable I decided to be induced.

Who drove you to the hospital? Tyson

How long were you in labor? 12 hours once they broke my water

Did you take any medicine for pain? I had an epidural and here's my quote: "you'd have to be a fool not to get one of these." I have a TON of respect for women that do it all natural.

How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs. 10 oz.

What did you name him/her? Audrey Nichole

Was he/she named after anyone/anything special? we just liked the name Audrey. Tyson picked her middle name, so I wanted to spell it like Nichole Nordeman, my favorite singer/songwriter

How old is your firstborn today? 7 months, 11 days :)

Does your firstborn have any siblings? nope

If not, how many siblings do you want your firstborn to have? 2 or 3, we'll see

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh goodness, I almost forgot about that awful rash--poor you! :(

Katie said...

I stole this from you :)! Boo for the PUPPS rash, but yay for seeing you tonight! It's nice to catch up--even if our time is cut shorter now!

Joy said...

So cool about Babycenter....I joined the online updates when I was pregnant with Ryley, and once the kids turn 5, they automatically change you to "KidCenter." Funny.

Also, regarding your comment: Yes, that is Sarah Roby, however, sadly, ACA is no longer with us. They closed a year and a half ago, due to finances. The preschool is still there, but K-12 is gone. Sarah teaches at Meadowood.

Joy said...

Oh, and I still get weekly updates from KidCenter. I don't really read them anymore, though they're still helpful: topics are things like "Why is my five-year-old still wetting the bed?" and "How to overcome picky eaters."