We're slowly making progress on adjusting from the end of Daylight Savings time...I would never have guessed it would be so hard to get a baby to sleep in a little longer! We've been puting her to bed a little earlier each night and last night we put her down at 7:45pm. She made a little noise during the night but we left her alone and she didn't wake up until 7:00am!!!! amazing!!!! If I had tried to solve this sleeping conflict on my own, I would have tried keeping her awake longer and puting her in bed later so she would sleep later, but this, in fact, does not work. I read in one of my many "baby" books that the best way to get a baby to have a later wake-up time is to put them to bed earlier! I thought the author was crazy, but I was at my wits end and was not wanting to keep waking up between 5:30 and 6 every morning, so I adjusted her feeding times and put her to bed earlier and sure enough, she slept later! Hopefully this will last...
Thursday I started going through Audrey's clothes to take out the ones that no longer fit. I can hardly believe how many clothes she's already gone through and how many outfits she only wore one time! what a waste of such adorable clothes! and I had to put all of her 6 month onsies away, which means, she's wearing 9 month onesies!!! She's had a few dresses/outfits that were 6-9 month, but to actually move to 9 month clothes...no way. I'm in disbelief. I remember when we first brought her home from the hospital and we started going through all of the adorable little girl clothes that we got as gifts. I distinctly remember holding up a 5 pack of Carter's 9 month pink/flowery onesies and thinking, "no way will she ever fit in these." Six short months later and they fit. it's kind of sad.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
They grow so fast! We are looking forward to our crazy small group time tomorrow!
Post a Comment