Once again I'm busy packing and doing laundry and making lists of everything that must go with us on a trip...that's right, we're heading back to Nebraska tomorrow! We're celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family this weekend...the weekend before Thanksgiving. I was out shopping for gifts last night and it felt so strange...is it already time for the Holidays?!? where has the time gone?
I am in total shock right now. Tyson came home last night from class and said that he heard that Target lost some outrageous number in sales percentage last quarter (I'm thinking he said 28% but don't quote me) and if that continues, there could be no more Target!!! what?!?!?!?!? now, I didn't grow up with Target. it was either Wal-Mart or K-Mart and they were both 30 minutes away. I was never introduced to the wonderfulness of Target until I lived in Denver...and I fell in love. And Owasso has a Target only 3 minutes from my house...amazing. what will happen if it goes away?!? that would be a truly sad day. I just thought I should warn all of you who also love Target.
and I think Audrey is waking up from a very long afternoon nap...what a pleasant surprise...I had extra time to pack and do laundry...or write on my blog. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I hope you guys have a good weekend and a fun time celebrating the holidays! I, too, can't believe it's that time of the year already, but I'm even more excited because that means we're just getting closer and closer to meeting Collin! :)
We're celebrating Thanksgiving early this year, too, because we're having family come in but they have to be home for work on Friday, so we're having Thanksgiving a day early. If y'all are recovered from your trip and up to doing something, we should have a little meal on Thanksgiving. Just an idea. Not a big deal if it doesn't work.
Oh, and I would be crushed if Target went away!! I already lost Linens N Things!!
WHAT? No Target? That would be a horrible day! I can't stand shopping at Wal-mart!
Have a safe trip and have fun with your family!
Have fun and travel safely! We will keep Walter safe and sound at our house! Who knows...he may even get to be an inside dog for a few days! :) What if he wants to live here forever?!
I will be crushed if Target leaves me! I can't make myself shop at Walmart---I HATE IT!!! Sad day. :(
Have another good trip!
I would seriously buy everything--groceries, toiletries, decorations, EVERYTHING--at Reasor's if Target left. And how pathetic would that be.
I REFUSE to do Wal-Mart!!!
I guess we should all buy more stuff at Target. I know I do my part to keep that store in business. I love it.
I will go to WalMart because they are open 24/7. I spent a lot of time at the Broken Arrow WalMart when Tyler was a baby - we would shop at night because he was a night owl like me, so I have an affection for WalMart also.
I'm with Kristal - I'm going to miss Linens N Things. Where am I going to get wedding gifts now? Target!
Post a Comment