Now...onto the real reason for this post: Audrey's new room!
As soon as we found out we were expecting baby #2, I started thinking about transforming the guest room/office into Audrey's new room. We did the nursery in neutral colors so I knew we wouldn't have to change anything in that room, which meant I could completely focus on making a 100% girly room for my little girl...and I couldn't wait!!
I spent some time checking out bedding sets online and trying to decide on a theme or a color scheme. After seeing that most of the toddler bedding was either Disney Princesses or Dora (both of which are fine, by the way, I just didn't want a character that she might get sick of because I wanted her to use this bedding for a LOT of years) I decided to not pick a theme, but just go with colors instead. I found a few that I liked (and had a favorite almost right away) but decided that I would look at all the options every day for about a week and try to picture each of them in the room and contemplate if Audrey would like the colors for long time, just so I wouldn't make a rash decision. I showed the options to Tyson and he said they were all cute. thanks for the help, hun. I ended up choosing my original favorite. :) We ordered the bedding and curtains and I fell in love with the colors: bright and fun for a little girl, but it could also grow with her for years to come...just what I wanted!
Then I made a few trips to Hobby Lobby and found paint (and various other accessories) that matched the colors on the bedding and did a few painting projects to make some of the decorations match perfectly...like her name that once hung above her crib (as solid white) and now it's painted to match her new room. 
My mom (Audrey's Nana) also had a big part in getting her room done...she painted the walls "Chocolate Truffle" and even painted the dresser. The dresser we're using in her room is the dresser I had in my room as a little girl. We were able to paint it white and change out the knobs and now it looks like a completely new piece of furniture! I love that she's using the same furniture that was once in my room. Thanks for all your help, Nana!

I still have a lot of pictures (in white frames) to hang up and a lot of "stuff" to clear out, but I feel like we're almost done! Here are some pictures of the progress so far:






and...here's our big girl taking her first nap in her new bed today!
and she just went to sleep tonight like a champ...is she really this old already?!?


5 comments:
It's SO cute, Lisa. You did a great job. The colors are perfect!! And, of course, any paint called "chocolate truffle" has to be good!! :)
(Oh, and I gave you an award on my blog!)
too cute! i have a two year old little girl and i recognize a few of those bows. She totally has the same ones. My sis-n-law makes most of her bows but the pink polka dotted ones were cheapies from Wal mart and I love them!
It turned out so cute! Good job!!! Can't wait to see it in person! :)
Lisa! Hi again! :)
I found you on Katie's blog roll and I'm happy I did. This room is ADORABLE!! You did such a great job! I love the colors and it is the perfect balance of little girl and growing! :)
Post a Comment