I'm kind of nervous to write about this because I don't want to jinx it...but, oh well.
Since June 14, Audrey has woke up between 5:45 and 6:10 every morning (that's 14 straight days!!!) with a poopy diaper.
Yesterday and today she finally slept in until 7:00 again! (I think that sentence is an oxymoron...does waking up at 7 really qualify as sleeping in?!?)
During these 14 days, Tyson and I couldn't bring ourselves to go to bed early so all three of us were losing an hour of sleep each night, which can really add up. Just imagine the frustration, day after day, of her waking up mad because she was dirty, and mommy and daddy were frustrated because "what happened to our little sleep machine that would always sleep in until 7?!?" And once she was awake, she was up for the day, after all, the sun was already coming up!
Now, let's just hope her little system doesn't get back on that routine...ever!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
to be robbed of hoped-for sleep is a painful thing. I've learned to go to bed with no expectations ;) They all three woke up at 6 this morning!
Oh man, that would be a bummer! Hopefully she keeps up the sleeping until 7am thing. I think I am really going to miss my sleeping in someday when I'm a mommy...better enjoy it now!! ;)
Gaah, I'm such a night owl that morning thing would kill me.
Glad cutie little Audrey is back on track.
My ideal morning wake-up would be 9:00am - unfortunately, with age comes waking up early even if you don't want to. Weird.
Naps are one of my favorite ways of coping with the non-sleep thing. Every Sunday after lunch, bring it!
7:00 is sleeping in when your used to 5:30 or 6! Do you keep her windows covered or darkened? That always helped my kids to sleep a little no matter what time the sun came up.
Chris, we have dark brown curtains hanging up, so it's pretty dark in there...thanks for the tip, though!
Post a Comment