Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What it looks like to spend the day with an almost-one-year-old

Erin has tagged me, so here you go.

Keepin' It Real
Here are the rules:
Take a picture of yourself right now.
No primping or preparing.
Just snap a picture.
Load the picture onto your blog.
Tag some people to play.

I wanted the picture of me to show the emotion that I'm feeling right now after a long day, but I'm currently feeling 3 emotions, so I took 3 pictures of myself...sorry if that's considered cheating.

here's what my day consisted of:

-I woke up at 6:45am to Audrey talking to herself. I remember that I'm at my parents' house (because Tyson was in Dallas for work). my mom is gone and my dad is already at work, so Audrey and I spent the morning at my parents' house, without my parents.

-we ate breakfast and played, then she took a nap, so I got ready for the day, did my Bible study and packed everything up to go back to our own house

-we ate lunch at home and then went to the elementary school I used to teach at to say hi to all my former co-workers, then stopped by the high school to drop something off for a friend (maybe the same friend that tagged me) that teaches there

-1:00--we stopped by Sonic for a Strawberry Limeade (that never happens! and I'm serious), then Audrey fell asleep in the car for nap #2. I successfully moved her from her car seat to her crib and then she woke up 30 mintues later :(

-we read books together, I pushed her in her swing, we played, danced, sang songs, she had a snack...

-we met my dad at enterprise and drove him (while Audrey was crying, trying to push tooth #5 through) to pick up his vehicle that was being worked on

-5:00--Audrey and I drove back home (she's just fine on this car ride, I think the tylenol kicked in) and made dinner...baked chicken, potatoes and green beans.

-Tyson got home (from Dallas and work, yay! daddy's home!!) and we ate dinner with my dad

-6:20pm--I leave for worship team practice for the Good Friday service and my dad realizes that he can't stay to babysit Audrey for us. (I'm singing for the Good Friday service, but not for Easter Sunday, and Tyson is playing for Easter Sunday, but not for the Good Friday service, but those 2 practices are back-to-back and it's also the exact time that Audrey needs to be nursed and go to bed...so my dad was going to stay with Audrey until I got home so Tyson wouldn't be late for practice, but it ended up not working out...) so Tyson stays with Audrey until I get done with my practice.

8:00--I left Good Friday practice so Tyson could get to his practice on time. I fed Audrey and put her to bed. I then changed into my comfy clothes and am annoyed with my bangs so I pin them up.

8:26 I read Erin's post and realize that I must now take a picture of myself...thanks, Erin. :)

so...here's what I'm feeling:

1. exhausted.

2. proud of myself for getting through another crazy day
3. excited to sit down by myself with a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough and watch the results show of American Idol. and I tag Erin Kennedy: show us what you look like after a day with 4-(almost 5)-year-old twins, a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. :)

Kristal: show us what you look like after a day with your 6 week old little guy.

Margo: show us what you look like after a day of homeschooling a 1st grader and kindergartener and still entertaining a 3-year-old and 2-year-old...all boys. :)

Please, please do it!! :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, you did it!!! (Sorry it was on a busy busy day that you were tagged...hehe!)

And OH NO! I totally left school today for the dentist without even checking my mailbox....soooo now there's random goo in a bag sitting in my mailbox over night at the school! Ha! (Thanks for dropping it off for me, by the way. Hopefully it was 'mushed' properly in the meantime...!)

;)

Pambo said...

Look at your pretty blue eyes in the second photo.

Fred Love said...

Always a beauty and there's nothing quite like sitting down in front of the TV after all the kids are in bed :)

Margo said...

okay...I'll do it...I'm pretty tired tonight! So, I just snapped a picture and then my camera battery died, so the post will have to wait for another day. Oh, and while you were posting this, I was still at worship band practice, as was your husband!