Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SUCCESS!

OH!! MY!!! GOODNESS!!!!

Audrey finally drank a full bottle from a sippy cup!! I didn’t have to remove the valve and there was no persuading or pleading (like that would work anyway)…she just did it! And I have this sippy cup to thank:

The Gerber Nuk Learner Cup
New! Soft Latex Spout. Spill Proof. Soft Easy Grip Handle.
The NUK® Learner Cup helps make the transition from breast or bottle to cup easier.
Spill proof soft spout designed to be gentle on gums, and get baby used to drinking from spout. Extra wide neck for easier filling and cleaning.
Snap on cap snaps on to protect spout.
Easy grip handles ergonomically shaped with anti-slip soft grips make it easy for baby to hold. Handles are removable for easy cleaning, and to ensure they always line up with the spout.
(Audrey’s is two shades of red with little multi-colored flowers all over it…so cute! I couldn‘t find a picture of it.)

I bought this sippy cup last weekend (I thought we would try just one more) and decided that when the next situation that came up where I needed to pump, I would feed her that pumped milk in this new cup. Well, this morning I had Bible study and she didn’t sleep a wink there. We headed home when it was over and hadn’t even been in the car a minute and she fell asleep in her car seat…so I let her keep sleeping and set her car seat in her room. I pumped and she slept for 2 hours. So when she woke up, it was 2 hours past her normal eating time, which made me wonder if the combo of her being so hungry and trying to use a new cup was a good idea. She didn’t seem to care at all! It took her a while, but she drank it all and didn’t complain or push it out of her mouth or think it was a teether. (She chewed on it for about 3 seconds after she’d been drinking for a while, but quickly went back to drinking.) She even held onto the little handles!

I am so relieved!

I even got a little teary-eyed while she was drinking, just thanking God that she finally did it and it wasn‘t a traumatic struggle. and it was kind of sad to realize that pretty soon she’ll be drinking milk all the time like this.

She’s growing up way too fast.

(and thank you to everyone for your great advice…I will keep it in mind in case this cup doesn’t work out. I really appreciated your input.)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, she did it! What a little pro!

Pambo said...

You'll have to take a photo of Audrey with her new cup. You just had to find the right shade of red cup to appeal to her sense of style. Already a fashionista.

Jason Osborn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Osborn said...

It was nice to see you and Audrey last week. She is just as cute in real life.

Fred Love said...

Hoo-ray! I love that cup. We're totally tossing the race car, boy cups and loading up on girly ones!

Tyson and Lisa said...

ok...who deleted their comment...

Unknown said...

Yes! That is the cup I was trying to describe. Anyway, I thought it was a brilliant idea, but it didn't work for Selah. I'm so glad it worked for you!

Katie said...

I need to take notes here! Yay for Audrey!! She's a little star!

And you totally, totally did not give me bad advice with flipping Caleb. It's one thing to flip them a couple times when it wakes them up ... it's another thing entirely if they REFUSE to sleep and scream and holler and ... yeah. I wondered last night where my little angel Caleb had gone to ... yay for constantly changing babies!! :)