Tuesday, November 4, 2008

daylight savings time :(

When Audrey normally wakes up:

7am (sometimes starts "talking" or making noises at 6:30)



her schedule now that daylight savings time is over:

usually starts making noise at 5:30am and is completely awake by 6am



Are there any other moms out there that hate daylight savings time right now, too??? and how long until we have her adjusted back???

6 comments:

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Whew, that makes for an early morning!! Welcome back, friend!! Hope you had a good time in Nebraska!

Krista said...

I've been lurking on your site for some time (found your through JBU friends and noticed we have babies close to the same age). With my son, I started adjusting his waketime by 15 minute increments about 3 weeks before the time change. By the time the change occurred, he had started waking up 45 minutes later than normal and going to bed about 15 minutes later. Now that the switch is made, he is waking up about 15-30 minutes earlier than his normal time and going to bed 45 minutes early. I think if you adjust them gradually (and in 15 minute increments)it goes pretty smoothly. I am still going to be adjusting his schedule over the next week or two until he gets back to his normal bedtime.

Pambo said...

YUCK! You forget about stuff like that when you haven't had babies in the house. Hopefully, Audrey will make a quick adjustment to "falling back" - I guess the time change is only good for people without children.

Heather said...

I don't have any suggestions but if it helps I'm right there with you! I dread daylight savings time-I think that Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child has a chapter on it--when I am not so tired maybe I will take a look.

Tyson and Lisa said...

I put her to bed last night at 7:45 and she slept until 6 (which is 7to her)! so we're making a little progress! :)

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Oh my word! I'm with you. I am no longer a fan of daylight savings time.