I'm sitting at home eating some blueberry bread and just put Audrey down for a nap. I was suppposed to be in a van on my way to Joplin, MO right now to watch my husband and other men from our church play some flag football. It was going to be like back in the day (college) when all the girlfriends (because that's what we all were at the time) would sit on blankets and talk and sip hot chocolate and watch our amazing boyfriends play like little kids again! oh, I miss those days! (I know it really wouldn't have been like the good old days because only 3 wives were going and there would have been an almost 3 year old, Audrey, a 6 week old baby and another little baby still in the oven, so we probably wouldn't have been watching the game that much anyway...)
I was planning on going all week. Then Thursday Audrey started getting a runny nose. Yesterday I still thought we could go. And yesterday Audrey's runny nose got even worse. I had Tyson look up the weather for Joplin and it was going to be 52 degrees. Not too cold. But then I remembered how Audrey's little nose and cheeks get all red just from our daily walks now that it's Fall and I didn't think it would be the smartest thing to have her out in the cold for a couple of hours. here is a recent post-walk picture with her rosy cheeks:

Sometimes I don't like having to be responsible!
So here's a shout-out to the guys, "good luck! have fun! and don't get hurt!"


3 comments:
Oh man, those rosy cheeks and nose make her all the more cute, if that's even possible!! :)
So, I didn't go either...last minute decision. I started feeling a little 'off' Thursday night and it kinda carried over into yesterday. Now, I'm completely over-reacting I'm sure because I feel fine today, but I didn't want to risk sitting outside, being chilly, and possibly getting sick. Didn't think it would be too good for Collin. But boy, I sure did love watching Robert play flag football!! Hope they have fun and win today!!
Thank you! I bet she will be getting her teeth soon especially with that runny nose. I hate having to use the dreaded "booger sucker." My baby screams like it is just pure torture. I'm with you on the staying home this weekend. I was used to going on all of our youth trips with my hubby who is a youth minister but am slowly learning that I can't do everything anymore! Have a great weekend!
We missed you yesterday but completly understand--the wind was blowing pretty hard across the field. I think they are coming up here in February so we can watch a re-match!
Post a Comment