Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Audrey hit the jackpot!

Our next door neighbors are moving to another state and have been busy packing up all their belongings. A few weeks ago, Tyson admitted that he wished we could buy their backyard swingset/playhouse/slide from them...it's exactly what we've been wanting to get for Audrey. But I told him..."Just Between Friends is coming up the end of September and I'm sure I'll find something there."

so...last week, Tyson and I were playing outside with Audrey and our neighbors just happened to be out there, too. We talked a little and then the husband said, "hey we don't want to make you take it, but would you guys want our swingset? Our girls are too big for it now and we don't want to have to pack it up."

"YES!!! We'd LOVE it!!! We've been coveting it over the fence for weeks!"

actually, we replied as though we'd never thought of having it, "well, sure! I think Audrey would love it!"

So, on Sunday a different neighbor helped up take it apart and then put it back together in our backyard. It's perfect for Audrey right now. She can open the little door and walk around in there and poke her head out of the windows and say "hi" to us. She loves climbing up the ladder and sits proudly on the landing until she's ready to go down the slide. And she goes down the slide all by herself! basically, she loves it!
then...yesterday morning, Audrey and I were out playing on the swingset and in the middle of one of her squeals of excitement, I heard our neighbors outside again. Sure enough, they were whispering to each other, so I just acted like I didn't notice them. Then they yelled out to me, "hey, we have some more stuff that we don't want to pack up but don't feel obligated to take it, really. We just don't want to have to take it with us if we don't have to. Would Audrey want a little picnic table and a slide?" I got the feeling that they were feeling bad for offering me all their stuff, but in reality, we LOVE hand-me-downs!

As soon as the husband set the picnic table down, Audrey sat on the bench like she knew exactly what to do and she grinned and bobbed her head with excitement.
I tried to pay them for everything, but they wouldn't hear of it. They said it was a big help to them just to be rid of them. With being so busy trying to move, they hadn't had time to advertise to sell them and they knew Audrey would love all of the stuff as much as their girls did. What sweet neighbors. We'll miss them.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Okay, how freaky is it that yesterday on our walk you mentioned that you wanted a picnic table for Audrey?? Oh my goodness!! That's so awesome!!

Pambo said...

Whee! Love the stuff and how sweet that you didn't have to purchase such large items.
Nice neighbors.

Fred Love said...

That's so awesome! I bet she's having a blast!