Thursday, May 7, 2009

misplaced

The other night I made a delicious dinner of baked chicken, brown rice and broccoli. Tyson and I finished eating before Audrey was done, so as I finished feeding her, Tyson started cleaning up the kitchen. *sidenote: this happens regularly, I'm very lucky!* We told each other stories from the day and I heard the sound of cupboards opening and closing and the scraping of the leftovers into tupperware and the water running as he was washing the dishes...all normal cleaning up sounds. I thanked him for his help, cleaned Audrey up and we all played in the living room until it was time for Audrey to go to bed.

Now...I'm sure you're wondering, "what is the point of this story?!?" stay with me...here's where it gets interesting.

Fast forward to the next morning when Tyson is about to walk out the door to go to work. He's been looking in the fridge for a little bit, mumbling something like, "where did I put it?"

(Important history: Tyson is notorious for misplacing things. I can't count the number of times I've had to find his keys or wallet or wedding ring for him...and I can always find the things he's misplaced, so he's become dependent on me for it. he still likes to try to find things on his own though.)

me: "do I need to come over there and find the leftovers for you?"

Tyson: "no, I know it's in here somewhere!"

I start thinking back to other times he's put things in the wrong place...like the time he put the box of cereal in the fridge when he was distracted talking on the phone, or when he put his dirty socks in the toilet (thinking he was lifting the top of the hamper) when he was in the middle of telling me a very long, intense story. So, my mind starts going...knowing that we were laughing and telling each other stories while he was cleaning the kitchen, the containers would not be found where they should be. They're not in the fridge. So, I look in the pantry. They're not in the pantry. I opened up the cupboard where we store all of our tupperware, and sure enough, sitting in the spot where normally clean containers are sitting, are 2 tupperware containers full of (once)yummy leftovers that must now be thrown out.

now it's your turn...have you (or your spouse) misplaced anything like this?

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! That's hilarious!! I can't think of a specific time where Josh misplaced something like that, but he's definitely the misplacer between the two of us! Every night before bed I mentally take notes of where he's put his keys (end table), phone (night stand), and wallet (dresser) because the next morning, even though he ALWAYS PUTS THESE THINGS IN THESE PLACES, he will get frustrated trying to find them. :) What would they do without us??

Fred Love said...

Socks in the toilet! So funny. Things like that happen to me after I've had a baby. After I had Pierce I took the mail to the bank. The girls were all very kind, but looked worried. After-baby brains are bad. I don't know how many red lights I've run without realizing it until I was through!

Diet DP Loving Mom said...

YES YES YES!!!!! I'm glad my husband is not the only one. He does this ALLLLL the time and it drives me nuts! He's done with leftovers, where I find them in the cabinet. Worse is when he puts ice cream back in the fridge and not the freezer. Doesn't make for a happy pregnant wife. Also his belt (typically in the car, don't ask), cell phone, and keys. He's also famous for forgeting to put things back in the fridge, like the ketchup or deli meat. I'm just glad he's not the only one out there.

Erin said...

Ha, Tyson! How funny. I can't think of a specific story right now, but I do know that Russell is the "misplacer" in our household...for sure!

Margo said...

AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, in our house, I am the one who does things like this :) I once "lost" my keys for 5 days...they were in a side pocket of the purse that I was carrying everywhere the entire time. Nice.

Heather said...

Tonight when I was walking through the kitchen I noticed that I had thrown away the dishes that I meant to put in the sink!

Joy said...

Oh how funny!! I can't believe the socks in the toilet....That is just too funny! :-)

Pambo said...

The older we get, both Steve and I misplace things, Steve more often than me, but nothing like poor Tyson! It's usually just the mailing envelope to a bill or a magazine left in a weird place. The socks in the toilet story is just priceless.

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story..seems like he is a person who is focused on the task at hand and can only handle one thing at a time. Good thing he doesn't stay at home with the babe,( which you know, requires lots of multi-tasking)..you may be in some REAL trouble then...lol!