As of today, I am officially a stay-at-home mom!!!
I decided this morning that I would go to my school and see some of my co-workers (and show Audrey off) and if my principal was available, I would tell her that I'm not returning to teach next year. Since I had taught 3 years in the district, I was able to take a one year leave of absence and still have a job waiting for me if I wanted for next fall. I had to tell my principal by March 1 but since I had already made my decision I figured I might as well just tell her and not keep her wondering. Sure enough, she was available and it's a good feeling to have told her and have it over with. She said she wasn't surprised and that she was happy for me. I will always consider myself a teacher and I look forward to returning to it once all of our children are in school. Even today, walking into the school and seeing the other teachers, there was a part of me that missed it, but there's an even larger part that knows I can always go back to work...Audrey will only be little for so long.
So...it's official! I feel so blessed to get to stay at home with Audrey and our future babies. I know not everyone can or even has a choice about staying at home or not, so I am not taking it for granted.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Congratulations friend!! What a huge blessing for you all...I'm sure you won't ever regret your decision :)
Good for you!! Yaaay! I'm glad you went ahead and did it, too, to make it easier on your boss. That was very thoughtful. :) Congratulations on the official title change! :)
Having had an outside job and a stay at home job, I know both sides of the coin. You do miss the pat on the backs and recognition (I always had bosses who loved me), but the rewards of being able to be home with your kids are so awesome. Congrats. Audrey is one lucky little girl.
Oh man, I love that feeling of knowing you have to do something, not really WANTing to do it, but doing it anyway...and then being done with it! ;)
Had fun catching up last night! :)
Yay! I'm glad it is official!
Oooh I bet that is great! I was in bed alot over the last month with pneumonia...and remembered how much I loved working from home. Waking up and being in charge of my day! I think i'm going to get pregnant...but then I will really need to work :) Ok ok...i'll work on the husband part first :)
Thank you for the advice on my blog, girl! And congrats on staying HOME! That is fantastic. Your little Audrey is an absolute DOLL!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! Even though it isn't always easy, it definitely is the job with the most blessings!
Post a Comment