Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Favorite Things

I was tagged. So...here are my favorite *material* things around the house. obviously, my favorite "anythings" around my house are Tyson, Audrey and Walter...but since this is about material things...here are my favorite "things." :) In no particular order.

my multi-colored ballet flats/slippers that I wear a LOT. they go with everything/anything. I think of them as my "Joseph" shoes.















my jewelry box. lots of fun earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, etc.















we got this as a wedding present from my college roommates' parents. her mom did the calligraphy and I just love what is says.
















this bookshelf used to be in my grandparents' house(dad's side), at the top of their staircase. and now it's in our master bedroom. Tyson's brother made a dresser for us to match it. and then Tyson built a headboard and footboard and a nightstand to match it also.



















my grandpa (mom's dad) refinished this for me, it goes way back in the family. if I remember right, it used to be his grandma's rocking chair...very special.

















candy in the house...it's a must
















I made a calendar for our kitchen...all of Audrey!




















this plant was given to me by my high school basketball teammates Jan. of 2000 when my grandpa Gus died. it's been with me ever since (college dorms, duplex, apartments, our house)












Audrey's closet. it's not really the clothes I love, it's the things that will happen in them. the first time she crawls, walks, says "mama," her birthdays, etc.















my two favorite perfumes...heavenly and then I don't even really know the real name for the small bottle, but I got it a a gift for being in a friends' wedding and it's officially my summer scent.





















one of my students' moms made this diaper bag for me...so sweet














the showerhead in our master bath: it's a rainfall showerhead...simply amazing.










and this is my favorite song right now. "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift. she wrote it about her mom and it makes me cry. I wouldn't have thought twice about this song before I was a mom, but it has a whole new meaning to me now that I have a little girl.



6 comments:

Pambo said...

Nice list. Isn't it funny that our favorite things usually are given to us or have a sentimental attachment?

Katie said...

Aw, I love what you wrote about Audrey's clothes!! And your plant, oh, it's such a survivor! You've done an amazing job taking care of it and it's just thrived! Love the flats, too. :)

Heather said...

I love these posts-it is really interesting to see your favorite things. I might have to steal this idea!

Erin said...

Oh the plant! I forgot how long it has been around. Very impressive. ;)

Are we still on for Monday!?!?

Ashlee Osborn said...

Hey, I like that calligraphy piece. That is very nice. I also love the Audrey calendar. Did you do that on Shutterfly? I have one, as well, with mostly pictures of Preston.

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Certainly! Just let me know what size, color and scent you would like. Thank you friend!! :)